We believe that all of us together have a shared responsibility to conserve and enhance our wilderness heritage, that our forests, rivers, and streams form the life blood of our cultural and economic identity, and that this priceless gift must be preserved, protected and passed on as our legacy to generations yet unborn.
Mandate: The Indian Bay Ecosystem offered a new model for ensuring sustainability and, along with the community, they came up with a mandate to:
- Protect and improve the ecological status of the Indian Bay Watershed and all its resources.
- Develop long term partnerships with universities, government departments (local, regional, & federal), and like-minded non-government organizations
- Promote public education and awareness and foster stewardship.
- Promote sustainable development of the Indian Bay Watershed.
- Achieve financial sustainability.