IBEC engaged in habitat restoration in Indian Bay Big Pond and Number Two River. This restoration project removed a portion of the dam that had washed away and created a partial steam blockage at the mouth of Indian Bay Big Pond. The removal of these barriers increased salmon access to the rest of the watershed.
Project Term: May 1, 2015-November 30, 2015
- Number of blockages removed: 2
- Length of habitat restored: ~9,500m
- Area of habitat restored: ~9,800,000m2
- Riparian habitat restored: ~2,500m2
- Number of volunteers engaged: 10 people, 18 hrs
This project was funded by: